Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Beachy Head

Hello!

Hope any readers of this have had a lovely weekend. This is probably going to be rather a strange post but it something that has affected me this weekend. No one has asked me to write this post and the link that goes with it is one I found.

I went to see a uni mate down in Kent this weekend was lovely! She sugested we go and walk along the cliffs at Beachy Head so off we went and what a beautiful place! Weather was gorgeous and the water was turquoise......but I didn't know about the more sinister side to Beachy Head until we saw the crosses. Beachy Head has been a a notroious, world famous even suicide spot. Records go back to the seventeenth century when famine hit England and people began to kill themselves rather than starve to death and apparently they chose Beachy Head because they wanted the last place on earth they saw to be sonmewhere beautiful.

This year Beachy Head has had 19 suicides but many many people have gone up there with the thought of hurting themselves. Many have been helped by http://www.bhct.org.uk/wp/ the Beachy Head Chaplinary Trust who have volunteers and workers on ahnd 24/7 to help these people. I actually saw people with 'Chaplain' tee shirts and ecven a car and I didn't realise what it was until I had a look last night.

Now I am not religious in the least but this is a charity I would def be interested in donating fiundraising for.

RIP to the people who felt that this was the only way out and my thoughts and condolences to their families

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good comment me! Thank you very much G Unit xxxx