Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Marry me......?

Well ladies its that one day that come every four years..........and to celebrate Oasis gave 29% off EVERYTHING online! So I treated myself to the two tops pictured earlier in my blog........new years resolution out the window then!

Being a history teacher and a rather nosey lady I had a look where this tradition came from. It was decreed by Queen Margaret in 1288 that this was the one day it was acceptable for a lady to ask a man for his hand in marriage. however if the gentleman declined he had to compensate the lady in question with either

                                            A pound coin (well it was worth a lot more in 1288)

or

 A silk dress

Or if you were from Denmark


12 pairs of gloves!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good comment me! Thank you very much G Unit xxxx